If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the past few months of working with Giacomo and Dani on the new Plant-Based Body Transformation program, it’s this:
To gain muscle and burn fat, workouts and strength training are just a small piece of the puzzle.
The much larger — and often overlooked — piece is nutrition. Or more specifically, how to manage macronutrients for your specific body type and goals.
See, Giacomo Marchese and Dani Taylor know this well. They’re 15-plus-year vegans, champion bodybuilders, and they’ve literally helped thousands of clients transform their bodies by building muscle and shedding fat on a plant-based diet.
And today, we brought them on the podcast to talk about doing just that.
Here are just a few of the topics we covered:
- The importance of nutrition on muscle gain.
- The exact macronutrient ratios you should hit to gain muscle and burn fat.
- How to count macronutrients (without going crazy).
- Is the plant-based diet a disadvantage when it comes to gaining muscle?
- How strength training fits into the fat burning equation.
- Dani’s previous life as a professional hula hooper.
Listen to the episode here:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
This episode of No Meat Athlete Radio is brought to you by WHOOP, the performance tool that is changing the way people track their fitness and optimize their training through a wrist worn heart rate monitor that provides analytics and insights on recovery, strain, and sleep. Click here to learn more, and use code nomeat at checkout to save 15%.