What do you get when you cross running with tai chi? Chi Running, of course.
You’ve probably heard of Chi Running, as it has been helping runners (including Matt and me) for years. But unless you’ve really taken a dive into the philosophy, you might not know what it’s all about, and how simple changes to your form and technique can completely change the way you run.
In today’s episode, we chat with Danny Dreyer, founder of the Chi Running training philosophy, about how your running form, mind, and breath all play a role in your running performance.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The connection between tai chi and running.
- Proper form techniques for injury-free running.
- Why shoe choice matters.
- Nose breathing when you run?
- What it means to connect mind and body when running.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
Join the Tribe and support No Meat Athlete Radio.
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
I believe that plant-based is the healthiest way you can eat -- both for how you feel and perform in the short term, and for long-term health. But there are a few nutrients that are hard to get from plants, and I didn't want to take a whole multivitamin with so much extra that I'm already getting from my food. That's why I created Complement Plus, the perfect nutrient formula for plant-based athletes.
Complement Plus brings together, in one place, the essential nutrients that are missing from a reasonably diverse, whole food plant-based diet:
- DHA/EPA Omega-3s
- Minerals like zinc, iodine, and selenium
Click here to learn more.