Want to become a runner, but don’t have a clue where to start?
Up until today, NMA Radio wouldn’t have been much help. As Matt and I looked back through the archives, I couldn’t believe we hadn’t covered the topic of running for beginners since episode six, and 5K training … never? There was last summer’s Running Camp (check out parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5), but that was geared more towards people who were already running.
So in today’s episode, we go back to the very basics — how to start running if you’ve never run before. And we build up to training for your first 5K race.
It’s our version of a couch-to-5K episode, if you will.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- What not to do on your first run
- Why walking is a good thing
- Do you need new shoes?
- Don’t make Matt’s sock mistake
- Fueling your first runs
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!