Of the three big reasons for choosing a plant-based diet — health, animals, and the environment — it was the first two that really motivated me. If you’ve been a No Meat Athlete reader or listener for a while, this is surely apparent in the content I’ve produced.
But Doug, our resident environmentalist at NMA Radio, first started flirting with vegetarianism because of the environmental impact of the meat and dairy industries.
Therefore, I like to call him a tree-hugger.
But today, Doug wins. We’re talking environment in this episode, with none other than Cowspiracy co-directors Kip Andersen and Keegen Kuhn.
Cowspiracy hit Netflix in a big way in 2015, exposing the hypocrisy within the environmentalist community and garnering interest and executive producer-level involvement from Leonardo DiCaprio.
In today’s episode, Doug, Kip, Keegan, and I explore the controversy, the positive environmental impact of going plant-based, and where we go from here.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Money, politics, and environmentalism
- The environmentalist’s holdup when it comes to meat
- Going vegan vs. ditching your car
- Is “free range” meat actually worse for the environment?
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through February 29th, 2016.
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show:
- COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret
- The Sustainability Secret: Rethinking Our Diet to Transform the World by Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn