Last week, author and nutritionist Sid Garza-Hillman was in Asheville to work with me on a new project (more on that in today’s episode).
Considering he’s been one of our most popular NMA Radio guests to date, Doug and I couldn’t resist bringing him back on the show, and today’s conversation with Sid did not disappoint.
Sid’s natural approach to food, fitness, and life is contagious, and his small step philosophy makes big changes seem possible.
In today’s episode, we catch up with Sid on what he’s been up to, his recent ultramarathon, and why he quit showering. Yes, Sid Garza-Hillman quit showering.
We also discuss the value of meal planning, variety in our diets, and the mindset you need to start eating more healthily.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Sid’s first ultramarathon, and why he’s now directing one himself
- What we’ve have been up to in Asheville the past few days
- Are meal plans actually helpful?
- Pros and cons of eating the same meals every single week
- The healthy-eating mindset
- Why Sid no longer takes showers
- A natural cure for jet lag
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show:
I believe that plant-based is the healthiest way you can eat -- both for how you feel and perform in the short term, and for long-term health. But there are a few nutrients that are hard to get from plants, and I didn't want to take a whole multivitamin with so much extra that I'm already getting from my food. That's why I created Complement Plus, the perfect nutrient formula for plant-based athletes.
Complement Plus brings together, in one place, the essential nutrients that are missing from a reasonably diverse, whole food plant-based diet:
- DHA/EPA Omega-3s
- Minerals like zinc, iodine, and selenium
Click here to learn more.