After months of meticulous planning and arduous rehearsals, the No Meat Athlete podcast is finally up and running. (Note: We didn’t actually do any of that; it was mostly just procrastinating on my part.)
Oh, and by up and running, I mean “not yet on iTunes.” But working on it, and hopefully we’ll be listed there in about a week so that you can subscribe that way.
About the show
No Meat Athlete Radio is hosted by myself and Ben Benulis, blogger at Vegan Gym Rat and the newest member of the No Meat Athlete team. Each episode (either weekly or bi-weekly), we’ll feature a guest who is doing something in the plant-based fitness world that we think is pretty awesome, or we’ll address a particular topic that we think you’ll enjoy.
And just so we’re clear, our goal with No Meat Athlete Radio is to bring you the same type of friendly, no-preach information and inspiration for vegetarian and vegan athletes that we offer on the blog, but in a format that you can bring along to listen to at the gym, on your long run, or in your car, and one that makes it easier to highlight and share the amazing things others are doing.
We’re really excited about this, and we hope you enjoy it. In this first episode, Ben and I get the ball rolling by talking about what we’re training for, what we’re eating, and the stuff we’ve been reading or watching that we think you’d like to know about.
Listen to the first episode now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- We’re working on getting listed in iTunes so that you can subscribe there. Stay tuned!
- Subscribe to No Meat Athlete blog posts to make sure you hear about future episodes
Links from the show:
- 30 Days, 900 Very Ripe Bananas
- Half Marathon Roadmap
- Parkour and Free Running video
- Gorilla Fit (Matt’s Parkour trainer)
- Thrive Food Review
- Michael Arnstein’s video lecture on ultrarunning
- Vegan Potter
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows by Melanie Joy
- Boston Vegetarian Food Festival (come see us at our booth, October 29-30!)
We’re excited to hear your ideas about where we should go with this thing. Please leave a comment below to let us know what you’d like to hear on the show or any particular guests we should try to get!