I know. Shocking, isn’t it?
I’m only half kidding. You’d be surprised at how many people really can’t believe that there are vegetarians and vegans who run 13.1, 26.2, 50, even 100 miles and beyond.
We don’t get weak from a lack of protein. We don’t collapse from some strange condition called meatlessness. In fact, some vegetarians are among the best in the world at their respective sports.
Personally, I noticed an incredible improvement in speed within weeks when I stopped eating meat. And I never looked back. Six months later I qualified for the Boston Marathon (something I’d been trying to do for seven years!), and started running 50-mile ultramarathons after that.
Many people never stop to think that their standard, meat-heavy diet might be holding them back. What about you?
Thinking about eating less meat, but worried about what it’ll do to your training?
You’ve come to the right place. The Vegetarian Endurance Advantage: The Essentials of Plant-Based Training is a 10-part course, delivered free and right to your inbox, that gives you everything you need in order to understand and adopt a plant-based diet that will help, not hinder, your training and fitness.
Sign up now and join over 12,000 other athletes and get the 10-part course delivered to your inbox, completely free:
Runners tell me all the time that they want to make the switch to a plant-based diet — or even to simply cut back on the meat a few days a week. I congratulate them, we talk about the benefits and I offer to help, and everything seems great. But so many of them never do it. Why?
Because they’re afraid of the unknown. They wonder where they’ll get protein, how their recovery will be affected, if they’ll be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, what they’ll eat after workouts. And for that matter, what they’ll eat, period.
And that’s why I created this course.
When you sign up, you’ll get the tools you need, delivered to your inbox every few days. Just a few of the topics we’ll cover:
- Where to get your protein
- What to eat before, during, and after your workouts to energize and recover
- How to make sure you’re getting all the vitamins and minerals you need to perform at your best
- A typical day on a vegetarian endurance diet
- A sample shopping list
- 5 warning signs you’re not getting enough protein
- Delicious, whole-food alternatives to fake-meat products
- Vegetarian meals you can make even if you’ve never cooked before
- How to make the transition smooth, and how to make sure it lasts
Bonus: You’ll also get exclusive access to audio interviews with plant-based pro athletes, so you can download them to listen to while you run or in your car!
Here’s what a few others have said about the course so far:
- “You rock! I can’t remember how I found your website but It’s the best resource that I have found yet. Why do you rock? You don’t spam me and your website does not have all of the annoying advertising. Frankly, I’m not quite sure how you do it but from the bottom of my heart, thank you.” -Brett Foland
- “Thanks so much for the e-course. I am a vegan distance runner and have been really stepping up the miles this year while training for my first 50 mile and am trying to properly fuel. Your website has been very helpful! It’s much appreciated and I look forward to future lessons!” -Danielle Hathaway
- “I’m really loving your course! Your website and e-mails with their gentle, non-judgmental encouragement are making a big difference.” -Deborah Long
- “Hi Matt, just wanted to send a quick note to say a big thank you for the e-mails I have been receiving. They are really interesting and a sensible way to go about slowly working to give up meat. Thanks again.” -Anna Thomas
- “It’s great to read sensible, interesting and new information and also to get confirmation about the diet I have been consuming the past couple years now. Great work, thank you!” -Rachael
Sign up now to get started right away:
The No-Preach Guarantee!
So you’ll get all of that good stuff, and way more. What you absolutely won’t get is preaching. Going vegetarian has done wonders for my running, but I don’t assume that it’s right for everyone. My goal with this course is to give you the information you need to decide if a vegetarian diet — or even simply a reduced-meat diet — is right for you. If not, totally cool, and I hope you’ll still get something out of the parts about running. And if plant-based nutrition is right for you, then this course will help you make it happen.
Sound good? Sign up now to have the course delivered right to your inbox!
You’ll get your first email right away, followed every few days by subsequent course content and the occasional newsletter email from me. I take the issue of spam very seriously, and your email address will never be rented, traded, sold, or otherwise misused. So nothing to worry about on that front. 🙂
I’m excited about this course and I hope you are too. See you inside!