THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
Good news, loyal NMA readers. Based perhaps on how pleased I was with CEP compression socks (or, more likely, on Chris H.’s wistful comment, “No free giveaway though? :O[ “), CEP Compression Sportswear has offered up a pair of their compression socks to give away to a reader!
This might be the coolest giveaway I’ve ever done, so I’m excited.
Here’s all you need to do to enter.
1. Head over to CEP’s website.
2. Figure out which of their socks or sleeves you’d most like to win. (They have the running socks and all-sport sleeves that I reviewed, plus walking socks, trekking socks, skiing socks, and soccer sleeves.)
3. Leave a comment on this post telling me which ones you’d choose.
As always, this contest is as non-techie friendly as possible. Tweets, Facebook shares, link, and subscribes are all GREATLY appreciated and will boost your karma, but they won’t actually increase your chances of winning.
I’ll select a random winner a week from now. Good luck!
Important info about the compression sleeves
After reading my review, Michael from CEP Compression Sportswear also gave me a word of warning that I thought I should pass on to you.
Apparently, wearing the sleeves (which don’t cover your feet, like the socks do) for long periods of time can cause swelling in your feet, as blood pools there. Not everyone will have the problem, so train in them before racing to figure out if they work for you. But the sleeves are really designed for short runs, and definitely NOT for long car rides or flights, as the swelling could even be dangerous if not addressed. (For that matter, any compression tights that stop at the ankle should not be worn for car and plane rides.)
The full socks put compression on the feet to prevent swelling and are therefore better than the sleeves for longer-period use. So when I used the sleeves for my long run this weekend, I probably should have been wearing the socks instead. Oops. Luckily, I’m still alive and kickin’. 🙂
Now get those entries in!
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment