Happy Black Friday! If you’re reading this post, you’re part of a rather intimate audience today, so thanks for showing up. Perhaps you were part of the 4 AM doorbuster crowd and your day of shopping is over?
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and along with the great food and time with family, took some time to actually be thankful. The sole fact that you’re on the internet reading this (or any other) site right now means you have a TREMENDOUS level of abundance relative to most of the world, as easy as that might be to forget.
So if you didn’t do it yesterday, stop reading for a second and really take a minute or five to recognize just how fortunate you are.
Done? Great. Now let’s get back to rampant consumerism and talk about shiny new websites and Black Friday sales!
The New Look of NMA
If you read by actually visiting the site, then you’ve no doubt noticed the new design. If you normally read via email or RSS, come visit the actual site to check it out.
The design was done by Charlie of Charfish Design, who was amazing to work with and very reasonably priced, for all you other bloggers who are about ready for an upgrade. And I’ve got to thank my friend Karol Gajda for telling me about Charlie, among about a million other pieces of good internet business advice in his free Freedom Fighters ecourse.
I’m still making a few tweaks to the design, but the goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to find things and enjoy the site. If you have any comments or suggestions about that, I’d love to hear them.
Black Friday Specials
Two awesome deals on health products for Black Friday only:
1) All Vega products are 20% off today! Go here and use the code CJ-BLACKFRIDAY2010 to get the 20% discount. The Vega products that I use and can highly recommend are Vega Sport Performance Optimizer (amazing natural sports drink), Vega Sport Performance Protein (high-quality vegan protein powder), Whole Food Optimizer (meal replacement shake), and Shake ‘n Go (convenient smoothies that blend without a blender). I’m a Vega affiliate, so I earn commissions when you get their stuff.
2) My friend Robert Cheeke’s book on vegan bodybuilding is half-price today! Robert is one of the most passionate people I’ve ever met, and for me his book was worth as much for the inspiration as it was for the vegan fitness advice. You can get the deal at his website, Vegan Bodybuilding. No affiliate arrangement here, just a good book by an awesome guy. Check out my interview with him while you’re at it.
What I’ve Been Up To
I haven’t written much recently about what I’ve been doing. Since we’re a small group today, now seems like a good time to do that, since in theory, the readers who read on slow traffic days are the ones who care the most!
I haven’t run much since the Marine Corps Marathon, when I ran a little more than I probably should have on a weak knee. But it’s getting better, and I’m hoping to be back to full strength in another week or two.
I signed up for a 20K trail race on January 2nd, where I ran my first ultramarathon last year, and I’m hoping that Erin and my friend Pete will be running part of that race as well. After that I’ve got the HAT 50K in March, where I hope to break five hours this year. That’d be like 40 minutes faster than last year, but I’m kind of looking for a reason to train really hard again. And finally, the Boston Marathon in April, which I CANNOT wait to run, since I had to miss it last year when my son was born. (Not that he’s such a bad consolation prize.)
And Another Month as a Vegan!
As for diet, Erin and I have been doing really well. Since the Tony Robbins seminar, we’ve been doing his 30-Day Challenge, a longer version of the 10-Day Challenge that inspired me to go vegetarian for good, and to start this website. What that means is that we’re essentially vegan for another month, which is going really well this time. My diet is finally to a point where I knew I could get it, and I’m excited about that. I’ll write plenty more about the 30-Day Challenge in an entire post once we’re finished.
Alrighty, that’s it. Time to go spend some quality Black Friday time with loved ones, on this most special of American holidays. 🙂
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment