Well, spring race season is in full swing, and that means bombard-the-NMA-Facebook-page-with-your-shirt-photos season is too!
It’s been a while since I put up a collection of my favorites, so … here goes! The best ones we’ve gotten since the beginning of the year (as judged by me, based mainly on factors like coolness, absurdity, and general running-carrotness).
Gregg and Kellie, proud finishers of their first ultramarathon, the 50K Trail Mix Ultra in Minnesota. Yep, that’s snow.
Michael outfitted the Stop & Shop produce department, which could not possibly have been in the manual:
Oh, you know, just a typical first marathon — through Death Valley, home to the hottest temperature ever recorded on planet Earth! Way to pick an easy one for your first, Jeanette. 🙂
Susan and Heather, who collectively racked up over 110 miles during their 12-hour race!
A group of animal-rights loving zombies let Melissa pass by, and even gave her some high-fives (really!) during her Run for Your Lives Zombie 5K, but as happens all too often, the zombies got her inthe end:
Tom, sporting NMA green (and a wig, I hope) on St. Patrick’s Day:
Paul, also on St. Paddy’s day, while perhaps not as festive as Tom, let his running do the talking with a sub-40 minute 10K!
Lily took 1st place in her age group in her very first 5K! Undefeated at the 5K distance!
Don’t mess with Kyle, aka the Vegan Grappler:
Claes, all the way from Paris (and I could have sworn that was Las Vegas in the background):
Emily, during her 45K trail run in the Victorian Alps (Australia) — I always do this in my races too.
Helena, sporting the brand new NMA cycling jersey:
Laura, showing off the back (at CicLAvia):
And finally, Asia before her Color Me Rad 5K …
… and Asia after.
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Thanks to everyone for wearing your NMA shirts proudly and submitting them on Facebook. No Meat Athlete would be nothing without its peeps on the ground.
2 Ways to Get in on that Sweet Action
I know, I know … you’re just dying to know where you can get one too, to enjoy your 15 minutes of something not even remotely close to fame on the NMA blog. Well, you’re in luck!
1. You’ll find most of our stuff in the No Meat Athlete store. We just got a big shipment of shirts in, and just about everything is in stock except a few random sizes, and some of the men’s tanks.
2. Cycling jerseys and triathlon tops (shown at the bottom of this post) are only available by pre-order (they’re way too expensive to stock for little old us). You can order one now, but only through May 1, 2013. They take a while to process and print, so this batch is scheduled to be delivered in early August. Please consult the size chart before ordering, as the vendor can’t do exchanges or returns for sizing issues.
In the meantime, keep sending in those photos! This post was full of stupid jokes, but in all seriousness, thanks so much for representing No Meat Athlete at your races. It means the world to me and all of us at No Meat Athlete.
The Kickstart Plan includes:
- A 7-day meal plan, built around the foods worth eating every single day
- 14 of our favorite recipes that pack in the nutrition, taste great, and are easy to make
- Focused on simplicity and speed, to minimize stress and time commitment