Here’s a quick bonus post today. It occurred to me yesterday that maybe a lot of readers want to make the food I’ve been posting, but have never cooked and are afraid to try. So I figured it might be helpful if I posted some basic cooking tips to get them started. Since I had to use an onion in last night’s avocado-orange salsa, I tried to use it to demonstrate a way to dice vegetables quickly and evenly. The demo didn’t turn out so well thanks to a slippery onion, but it’s too good to throw away. I don’t think I could do this again if I tried.
Why I Haven’t Quit My Day Job
Written by Matt Frazier
The No Meat Athlete Marathon Roadmap covers everything you need to know to train for and run your first marathon on a plant-based diet, including:
- How to choose the perfect race for YOU
- An 18-week training plan that shows you exactly what to do for each run to safely increase your fitness and endurance
- What to eat before, during, and after your workouts in order to maximize their effectiveness
- A sample meal plan with 17 high-energy vegetarian/vegan recipes for marathon training, so that you'll know you're giving your body everything it needs
- A walkthrough of the race itself, so you'll know just what to expect on race day
- 6 audio interviews with plant-based athletes and experts you can listen to while you run
Ready to join thousands of other runners and show what's possible on a plant-based diet?