Several years ago I met Robert Cheeke for the first time at the DC VegFest, after hearing him speak about the motivation and commitment which so obviously came through in his physique. I was deeply inspired by his words and sheer passion for this compassionate lifestyle, and since then it’s been my pleasure to come to call Robert a friend.
But a lot has changed about Robert since that first meeting. For starters, he no longer scarfs down massive amounts of tofu-dogs, opting instead for fresh, whole foods as often as possible. In today’s episode, we talk about Robert’s new book, Shred It, and how his new philosophy around food has changed the way he fuels his pursuit of fitness goals.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- How Robert went from tofu-dogs to whole plants
- Bodybuilding on a plant-based diet
- The 70-15-15 whole foods ratio, and where to get your calories
- Meeting Matt and Robert on the Holistic Holiday at Sea cruise
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the Show
- Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness (Where you can find the book!)
- Holistic Holiday at Sea
- Robert on Episode 2 of NMA Radio