I’m always chasing simplicity. For example, I keep my kitchen simple, with only appliances and tools I use regularly. Over the past year, I even limited my clothing items to just 33 per 3 month cycle, something I learned from Project 333. There’s still a lot in my life that I need to work on, but sticking with those two seems to help.
Both of those ideas came from Courtney Carver, founder of the site Be More With Less and a good friend of mine. Her approach to simplicity and habit change has been the roadmap I’ve followed time and time again over the past several years.
I thought it would be fun to bring her on for today’s episode, so that you could hear Courtney’s philosophies directly from the source. Today we talk about how the New Year is the perfect time to start simplifying your life, and what easy steps you can take to make those changes stick.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Using the New Year as a catalyst for change
- Where to begin with simplicity and habit change
- The benefits of simplifying instead of going bigger
- Going all-in when it comes to major changes
- Project 333 and the kitchen capsule
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio (and like all these new episodes we’re making!), we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the Show