What else is there to say? The book tour is done (today is the final event), I’ve written what there is to write about the adventure, and I’m pretty well stoked for the next chapter for No Meat Athlete.
2014 holds some major changes for NMA, the biggest in the five years since I started this little blog. While there’s a lot I can’t unveil quite yet, I can tell you that one change, for me, is a big shift in what I personally do. A shift away from the roles of managing, emailing, accounting, and more emailing, and a return to the simple job of making things — blog posts, podcasts, ebooks, webinars, and a lot more that Doug, Susan, and I have in mind for the next year and beyond.
And what has brought about the desire to make that change is, of course, the experience of the past two months … meeting literally thousands of readers from all across the country, listening to their stories of change, and being inspired to focus again on the things that really matter for this blog. And for this movement.
So in this final post about the tour — and trust me, it’s been amazing but it’s with great pleasure that I move on — I’m pleased to share a live recording from our event at Bearded Brothers in Austin, Texas. You’ll hear me and co-author Matt Ruscigno give what became our standard talks, so that you can get a small taste of what the events were like, in case you couldn’t make it out to one.
Hope you enjoy it — and even better, I hope you use it.
Here’s what to expect in this episode:
- The best parts of the book tour
- Matt Ruscigno’s talk at Bearded Brothers in Austin, TX
- My talk at Bearded Brothers in Austin, TX
- The “easy” trick for becoming comfortable with what scares you
- How Doug actually took my advice and put it into action
- Doug’s plans for his 100-miler
- The importance of “burning desire” when it comes to habit change
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- Bearded Brothers
- No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self
- JL Goes Vegan
- Tour Recap Post
- True Love Health (Matt Ruscigno’s blog)
- Doug’s 100-mile announcement
- Relentless Forward Progress by Bryon Powell
- Zen Habits
- A Collection of No Meat Athlete posts on qualifying for Boston