If you want to start eating healthy, the number one thing you can do isn’t to go on a diet or juice cleanse. It’s to start cooking at home.
Just by cooking your own food you’ll cut back on the amount of salt, oil, and unhealthy junk chefs add to restaurant meals that makes them so delicious.
The problem is a lot of us don’t know how to cook. I’m mean, just listen back to last week’s episode and you’ll see how little Matt and I knew not that long ago.
But a lot has changed since our days of college, and in today’s episode, Matt and I share the basic cooking tips we rely on almost every single day.
As a bonus, Matt shares the skills he’s learned so far at the Rouxbe plant-based cooking school (he’s only about 20% through so far, so expect more from that in the future).
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Why is it important to cook at home?
- How to choose a cookbook
- What Matt has learned (so far) in cooking school
- Essential equipment for a well designed kitchen
- Preparing food … the right way
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: