That is the question … or at least the question we tackle in today’s episode.
It’s no secret that when it comes to running, Matt is a goals guy. He chases massive race goals that inspire and motivate him through training … sometimes for years. And in many ways, I’m the same. I know first hand just how powerful a dream race can be.
But I also love running for the sake of running, and can maintain months of consistent training with no race in sight.
So when a listener asked this question on the No Meat Athlete Facebook page, it sparked an interesting conversation.
Do runners need races, or should they run for the joy of running?
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- The power of a race goal
- When racing is a bad idea
- Alternatives to races … that can be just as motivating
- The mistake most non-racers make
- Why Matt wants you to give racing a try
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show: