So you want to run a marathon …
How exciting! How scary.
While looking back at the NMA Radio archives a few weeks ago, Matt and I noticed a glaring oversight: marathon training for beginners.
Training for your first marathon will be a thrilling experience, filled with highs, lows, and lessons. But if you’ve never taken on such a distance, just thinking about the challenge can feel overwhelming. Fear not, we’ve got you covered.
In today’s post, we finally tackle the topic, and address all the basics of marathon training … from choosing your race to crossing the finish-line.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Choosing the right marathon for you
- What to look for in a training plan
- Should you set a time goal?
- Eating for strength, lasting energy, and recovery
- Why a simple approach to pre-race fuel is a smarter approach
- Our tricks to staying on pace
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Montmorency Tart Cherries: Montmorency tart cherries have been the subject of lots of research, and to date, more than 50 studies have shown the potential benefits of the Montmorency varietal – ranging from inflammation and exercise recovery to sleep. Check out the Cherry Marketing Institute website to learn more.
Links from the show: