Is there a right way and a wrong way to set health and fitness goals?
That’s the question Matt and I were asking ourselves after reading a recent article on the site Precision Fitness. The author, John Berardi, challenges the reader to structure your goal setting with his formula.
But after reading through, there were a few major points where we all disagreed.
In today’s episode, Matt and I discuss John’s model, and lay out or own strategies on how best to set health or fitness goals that prime you for success.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Should you set a big outcome goal?
- Success through small habits and changes
- Matt’s lead and lag measure theory
- Does your brain understand negatives?
- The pros and cons of dabbling
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
This episode of No Meat Athlete Radio is brought to you by Nuts.com, the simple and convenient way to have nutritious, delicious, healthy nuts and other tasty treats delivered straight to your door.
Get 4 FREE samples when you go to nuts.com, click on the mic in the upper right hand corner, and use code NoMeat.