As any parent knows, getting your kids to eat healthy isn’t easy. Raising them on a plant-based diet? Seems a lot trickier, but it doesn’t have to be.
Which is why I love Dreena Burton’s cookbook Plant-Powered Families. She takes a simple approach to feeding your kids, with whole-food, oil-free, plant-based recipes that they’ll actually eat (maybe even enjoy!).
In today’s episode, Dreena and I talk about what it takes to raise healthy, plant-based children, with lots of ideas and tricks that even non-parents can use to streamline their cooking.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below to enter the Plant-Powered Families giveaway!
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Why Dreena started writing family-friendly recipes
- Should parents worry about oil or soy?
- The supplements and nutrients plant-based children need
- How to introduce healthier foods
- When to let your kids try unhealthy foods
- The allergy problem in schools
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through February 29th, 2016.
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show: