I have to admit, this one was pretty fun … it’s not often (or ever) that I have the opportunity to speak to a legend in the hip-hop community. Or any other community, for that matter.
But when Russell Simmons, co-founder of the Def Jam Recordings, writes a book called The Happy Vegan, you better believe I’m going to try to get him on the podcast.
An outspoken vegan, yogi, and bestselling author, Russell Simmons has impacted far more than the music industry. In today’s episode Russell talks to me about his transition into veganism, and why he finds meditation and yoga to be essential parts of his Happy Vegan lifestyle.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- What does it mean to be a Happy Vegan?
- How the hip-hop community has embraced veganism
- Is the plant-based diet more expensive?
- Meditation as a lifestyle change
- The #1 question Russell gets asked (and it isn’t about protein)
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
ALOHA: Visit ALOHA.com to check out all the revitalizing greens, cleansing teas, pure and powerful protein bars, snacks, and so much more that they have to offer. While you’re there, use promo code ALOHA20 to get 20 percent off orders of 50 dollars or more through February 29th, 2016.
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Links from the show:
- The Happy Vegan by Russell Simmons