Last week’s episode of No Meat Athlete Radio was all about running faster. This week we’re exploring the other big improvement runners desire: running farther.
Let’s face it, a new distance is intimidating. Each new mile is uncharted territory.
Do you need to eat or drink more while on the run? How do you keep from getting bored? And how on Earth do you make time for all the training?
In today’s episode, we answer those common questions and a whole lot more to help you run farther than you’ve ever run before.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Can you train to run faster and farther at the same time?
- The first step in increasing distance (which has nothing to do with distance)
- How to approach nutrition and hydration
- Boredom and mental fatigue while running
- Why you should consider taking walk breaks
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions: