Part 2 of the great No Meat Athlete Radio Resource Guide has arrived, and this time we’re talking all about running.
There’s a never-ending stream of running books and advice, but how do you which are right for you? And which resources are really worth your time and money?
In today’s episode, we try to answer those questions by sharing the books, movies, podcasts, and guides we use to keep ourselves motivated and training strong.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Motivational resources … guaranteed to get you out the door
- Training books for new runners
- The guide that helped Matt qualify for Boston
- Where to look if you want to run an ultramarathon
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Resources from the show:
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
- Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
- What I Talk about when I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami
- The Longest Race by Ed Ayres
- Running with the Kenyans by Adharanand Finn
- Running with the Mind of Meditation by Sakyong Mipham
- Running and Being by George Sheehan
Books and Guides
- Chi Running by Danny Dreyer
- Body, Mind, and Sport by John Douillard
- Daniels’ Running Formula by Jack Daniels
- Core Performance Endurance by Mark Verstegen
- Running with the Whole Body by Jack Heggie
- Run Less, Run Faster by Bill Pierce
- Running on Air by Budd Coates
- The Trail Runner’s System by Rock Creek Runner
- Relentless Forward Progress by Bryon Powell
- Hal Koerner’s Field guide to Ultrarunning by Hal Koerner
- Discover Your Ultramarathon by Doug Hay
- Marathon Roadmap 2.0
Please note that links to Amazon are affiliate links; we earn a small commission if you purchase these products.