As a vegan or vegetarian, it’s easy to feel like an outsider, like you’re going at it alone. But here’s the thing … you’re not.
There’s a massive community, No Meat Athlete included, and countless resources at your fingertips.
Today’s episode is part 1 of a two-part resource guide series, and we kick it off by sharing some of our favorite resources for new vegetarians and vegans. We cover our favorite tools to get you motivated, educated, and inspired, plus a number of avenues for tapping into the growing community online and in the real world.
Don’t have time to listen to the episode? Check out the list of resources below.
Here’s just some of what we talk about in this episode:
- Eye-opening vegan documentaries
- Podcasts worthy of your subscription
- Our favorite books about plant-based nutrition
- Go-to vegan cookbooks
- Simple (and free) ways to engage with the community
- The websites and apps that will make your life easier
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode
If you like what we do at NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Phone number to ask listener questions:
Resources from the show:
- Super Immunity by Joel Fuhrman
- Thrive by Brendan Brazier
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- The 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas N. Graham
- Choosing Raw by Gena Hamshaw
- The China Study by Thomas Campbell
- Whole by T. Colin Campbell
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll
- Eat and Run by Scott Jurek
- 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman
- World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey
- Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- YumUniverse by Heather Crosby
- Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon
- Thrive Foods by Brendan Brazier
- No Meat Athlete by Matt Frazier
- Vegfests (NMA will be at DC, Chicago Vegan Mania, and Boston Vegetarian Food Festival this October!)
- Vegan Drinks
- No Meat Athlete Running Groups
- The Woodstock Fruit Festival
No Meat Athlete Resources
Please note that links to Amazon are affiliate links; we earn a small commission if you purchase these products.