I’ve been writing a lot recently about setting big, crazy, and unreasonable goals … and Nicole Antoinette certainly knows a thing or two about the subject.
Over dinner in Los Angeles two months ago when our conversation turned to running, I asked Nicole if she was training for anything. Knowing Nicole as someone who had run a marathon or two and likes a good challenge, I figured she might be thinking about a 50K or 50-miler.
Casually, Nicole told me that she had something slightly bigger in mind. She planned to run across the country — from Santa Monica, CA, to New York City. And not on some undefined, it’ll-never-happen day in the future, but starting on March 1, 2015.
Let me say that again — Nicole has run two marathons, and nothing longer. And she’s going to run across the country next year.
At a time of year when we tend to think a little bigger than usual, it was an absolute pleasure to have Nicole as a guest on the No Meat Athlete podcast. In this inspiring episode, we talk about goals, accountability, her plant-based diet, and so much more.
And before you download the episode, I have some good news: Nicole has been generous enough to offer her 15-Step Bullshit-Free Goal-Setting Formula (which normally goes for $28) completely free as a bonus for anyone who buys my 31-day program, Wake Up, before the end of the day on Tuesday, January 7th. If you could stand to have a little bit of Nicole’s optimism and ability to think big rub off on you, you can get all the details about Wake Up here before Tuesday.
Enjoy the episode!
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- How Nicole set a monster goal as a way to change her story
- The essential components of an effective goal
- What goes into running across the country
- How Nicole plans to stick to her plant-based diet while crossing the country
- How to stay excited about a goal that’s more than a year away
- 3 steps to goal setting that most people get wrong
- How to make choices now to keep your goal on track in the future
- Why Nicole quit drinking alcohol
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
If you’re a fan of NMA Radio, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Thank you!
Links from the show:
- A Life Less Bullshit (Nicole’s blog)
- What Are You Waiting For? (Nicole’s announcement of her goal to cross the country in 2015)
- Nicole’s review of No Meat Athlete
- Wake Up: 31 Days and Actions to Take Charge of Your Life – Matt’s new ebook (with Nicole’s goal-setting formula as a bonus!)
- Doug’s 100-mile goal announcement
- How to Pull Yourself Out of a Slump
Books we discussed: