When Ben and I sat down to talk about possible guests for the No Meat Athlete podcast, there was absolutely no question as to who should be the first.
To call either of us bodybuilders would be an insult to the entire sport. And yet both of us are ardent fans of Robert Cheeke.
So why a vegan bodybuilder for our first guest, when for so long this website has focused largely on running?
Consider it a testament to Robert’s captivating personality and infectious enthusiasm for veganism and fitness.
Simply put: Hearing Robert Cheeke speak makes us proud to be vegan athletes and inspires us to do it better. We think you’ll agree, and that’s why we’re thrilled to have had Robert as No Meat Athlete Radio’s first guest.
In this episode we talk to Robert about:
- What drove him to become a vegan bodybuilder when he was the smallest kid in his 4th grade class
- How he stays so overwhelmingly positive as an advocate for a movement that so many people still disagree with
- How to find the time to stay healthy, even with a hectic schedule
- The unlikely sources from which Robert draws inspiration (seriously, Will Smith?)
- What it’s like to be part of the Forks Over Knives movement which is changing the way the world eats
We’ve also got a special giveaway today, courtesy of Robert! See details at the end of this post.
Click the button below to listen now:
- Click here to download the MP3 file (you may need to right-click and “save link as”)
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
Links from the show:
- Robert’s website, veganbodybuilding.com
- Robert’s first book, Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness
- Michael Jordan’s Wisdom
- Forks Over Knives
- The video trailer for Robert’s book
- Robert’s previous No Meat Athlete interview
Robert has offered up two DVD’s for lucky NMA Radio listeners: a copy of Forks Over Knives and a copy of Vegan Fitness: Built Naturally, starring Robert himself, Brendan Brazier, and Tonya Kay.
To enter to win one of the DVD’s. Listen to the show and leave us a comment about it below to get one entry. To double your chances and get two entries, leave us a rating and review on iTunes. (This also helps more people interesting in vegetarian and vegan fitness to find the show, so we all win!)
To leave a rating and review, just visit our iTunes page and press the “Open in iTunes” button on the left.
We’ll announce the two winners in the comments section below on Friday, November 11. Good luck and thanks so much for listening!