Growing up in the 80s, we were told a lot of things by the food industry … often right smack in the middle of our Saturday morning cartoons.
Milk “does a body good,” sugary cereal is “part of a complete breakfast,” and in general, processed foods are a fabulous choice for healthy family dinners and snacks.
So how did all this affect our health and our relationship with food?
In today’s episode of NMA Radio, Jasmin shares her inspiring story: of the struggle with food addiction, the choice to go vegan, a dramatic transformation, and why she feels so betrayed by the food industry.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Growing up with a food addiction
- Yep, you can be an unhealthy vegan
- How a juice fast changed Jasmin’s life (and helped her lose 100 pounds)
- Learning to love yourself (through running)
- Have we all been betrayed by the food industry?
- What Jasmin discovered about how we treat fat people … once she became thin
Click the button below to listen now: