So you want to run a marathon …
How exciting! How scary.
While looking back at the NMA Radio archives a few weeks ago, Matt and I noticed a glaring oversight: marathon training for beginners.
Training for your first marathon will be a thrilling experience, filled with highs, lows, and lessons. But if you’ve never taken on such a distance, just thinking about the challenge can feel overwhelming. Fear not, we’ve got you covered.
In today’s post, we finally tackle the topic, and address all the basics of marathon training … from choosing your race to crossing the finish-line.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Choosing the right marathon for you
- What to look for in a training plan
- Should you set a time goal?
- Eating for strength, lasting energy, and recovery
- Why a simple approach to pre-race fuel is a smarter approach
- Our tricks to staying on pace
Click the button below to listen now: